POSTED BY ? http://ift.tt/18hX0Vc
Second World War service
Terpsichore was commanded by Cdr. Alfred Charles Behague, OBE, DSC, RN from November 1943 to 5 January 1945 and Cdr. R.T. White, D.S.O. from 5 January 1945 until October 1945.
Between 1946 and 1953 Terpsichore was held in reserve at Devonport. Between 1953 and 1954 she was converted to a Type 16 fast anti-submarine frigate, by Thornycroft, Woolston, with the new pennant number F19.
In 1955 she was placed in reserve in Devonport, undergoing a refit there in December 1957.
Decommissioning and disposal
Between 1960 and 1966 Terpsichore was held in reserve at Lisahally. She was subsequently sold for scrap and arrived at Troon on 17 May 1966.